Karsheika Graves Memorial Scholarship



Established in 2018 by Karlyn LeBlanc aunt of Karsheika Graves, this scholarship will be awarded to a single mother demonstrating a financial need for assistance with completing an accredited college program.   

Done in memory of a beautiful, young, intelligent woman, Karsheika Graves was a single mother who lost her life tragically in a school shooting. Graves, a nursing student, was a victim of a violent act which happened while she was actually attending a class in her nursing program. She was a 21-year-old single mother of two girls when this occurred.

The $1000 scholarship will be awarded annually in the month of September. The 2020 deadline to apply and submit supporting materials for the Karsheika Graves Memorial Scholarship is July 31, 2019, by 12:00am (midnight) EST.

Eligibility
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Female

Supporting Materials
An official high school or college transcript
A large painting or drawing, 8x10 in size or larger demonstrating women empowerment OR
A 1-page essay or poem about women empowerment 
Two letters of recommendation

For more information on this scholarship or to apply go to blackgirlstraveltherapy.com or email blackgirlstraveltherapy@gmail.com

Comments

  1. hey aunty it is trinity here and i went on google typed in my mom's name and saw that her picture was there and i started crying when i saw the girl who killed my mom here name was Latina Willams and i was mad and i miss my mother too the end just my looking at her face i can tell that you were right she is pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for showing me to be me and not worry about the times we needed help i am just glad i was born and one day when I go to heaven i hope i can see my mother and look down at my children, too i want to be just like her when I grow up

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

40 Friday-What you don't know about the forty year old woman.

Stand up and be Free before You're Forty