Are you living for you?

In life we are always doing things because its the right thing to do. We are not following our gut feeling or operating from our wants and desires. We put the other person first, sacrificing our true aspirations. Learn to do you. Practice being selfish. For once in your life do what you really want to do, forget about society. We're adults, no one will spank or punish us for not doing something. In addition, understand if you don't do it from a honorable stance your action will not be blessed (done in vain).

Let me tell you about a lady. Her family wanted her to ride out of town with them, however she didn't want to go. The lady loathed the place they wanted her to visit. That place bought her nothing but bad memories and pain. They begged and pleaded, "Come on. Get out the house. You need to see your family. You have to visit out home town.  Let's go. You'll have fun." Her gut told her to stay. She had no desire to travel, but another side of her ego shouted, "go do it anyway. You're an old hen. Get out they really want you to go. It may be different." She fought with herself and decided to compromise and go.

Well, the lady never made it. The family was in a car accident on the way and she was killed instantly. Always, follow your first mind. Do what you really want to do, don't allow anyone to coax you into a decision you may regret. Make it your way or no way. Be selfish for once in your life. Love you first.   

Karlyn LeBlanc, LMSW
 

Comments

  1. I haven't always lived for me. Being the oldest granddaughter usually brought on unwanted babysitting gigs. My mom has 8 brothers and sisters! Lol. Even in college I try to be that one that makes other feel like what they wanted to do was more important than my own ideas. 35 began my change. By 42 I was no longer subscribong to what you describe above. I realized no one is not doing themselves...but me. So I found my first vacation out the country and from then on I'd be more concerned about what I wanted and what I needed! I still take folks I love opinions and ideas into consideration but they are not adopted as my own. I know what's best for me. I know what I need. I'm first in my life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Karsheika Graves Memorial Scholarship

40 Friday-What you don't know about the forty year old woman.

Stand up and be Free before You're Forty