Motivational Monday- How can I be sad?

In memory of Karl Denton Robinson
July 5, 1941 to February 10, 2015
 
How can I be sad when You blessed me with 25 more years with him?
They said it was stage 4, terminal, the end, but You said different.
 
How can I be sad when You gave him time to turn his life around?
You gave him a new life. A new look. A brighter future.
 
How can I be sad when You allowed him to be a wonderful grandfather to my kids?
A man my son looked up to. A paw-paw to my daughter. The good guy who always greeted them with gifts and a smile.
 
How can I be sad when the cancer came back?
They gave him 4 months to live, terminal the end, but You said different.
 
How can I be sad when you gave me 7 years to mourn the death of my niece before You took him away?
You didn't give me more than I could handle, You allowed me to grieve and heal. 
 
How can I be sad?
I'm thankful. I'm appreciative. I'm happy. I'm at peace. You gave me a testimony. A tool to empower others. A story to tell. A legacy to carry on.
In the midst of being grateful and praising You I can't be sad.
 
~Karlyn Denise Robinson LeBlanc
 

Comments

  1. One word came to mind as I read your words of encouragement. "INCREDIBLE " Thanks for sharing. May God continue to reign His Grace and Mercy upon You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderfully insightful viewpoint! Thank you for sharing your fears and uncertainty wish us, along with your strength and perseverance. Still mourning the loss of someone close to me, this spoke to my spirit! Continued peace and blessings to you ans your family. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Special thank you to all of you for your kind words. Peace & Love to you...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Karsheika Graves Memorial Scholarship

40 Friday-What you don't know about the forty year old woman.

Stand up and be Free before You're Forty